As the Counselor at Columbus Junior High School – Riverside Campus, I am committed to supporting achievement for all students. This will be accomplished through effective communication, leadership, advocacy, and equity.
How Does My Counselor Assist Me?
- Help you be the best student you can be by:
- Supporting academic achievement
- Increasing career awareness
- Assisting with personal development
- These successes can be achieved through:
- Classroom lessons
- Counseling groups
- Individual Counseling
- Registration and Scheduling
- Don’t forget: The Counseling Department offers something for everyone!
How do I Contact my Counselor?
- Tell a teacher and get a pass
- Tell a parent
- Come to the Counseling Office
- See my counselor during lunch
- Before school, during lunch, and after school is the best times to come to the Counseling Office so you do not miss instruction.
How do I make an appointment to meet with my child's counselor?
Parents can call 979-732-2891 between the hours of 7:30 and 4:00 to arrange an appointment, or email the counselor directly.
How do I make an appointment with one of my child's teachers?
To meet with an individual teacher or to arrange a time to meet with the team of teachers, please call the main office at 979-732-2891 and leave a message with the secretary or email the teacher directly.
What should I do when my child is absent from school?
Call the school secretary, (979-732-2891), on the morning of the absence. On the day he/she returns, the child must bring a note signed by his/her parent to the secretary. Notes brought in after the day he/she returns will not be accepted. The note must contain:
- student’s full name
- date(s) of absence
- reason for absence
- parent’s signature
How can I arrange to get work for my child when he/she is ill?
If your child is absent, please call Bealinda O'Brien in the office (979-732-2891) by 8:30 a.m. that morning. Work will be available to pick up in the front office after 3:00 p.m. If your child knows that he/she will be absent, he/she may arrange to get the make-up work from their teachers prior to the absence.